Optical 3D Coordinate Measuring Machine
The optical photogrammetry system is characterized by flexibility and mobility.
Mobile Measuring System
The portable TRITOP CMM system measures coordinates of three-dimensional objects quickly and precisely. Measuring tasks that were traditionally performed by tactile 3D coordinate measuring machines can now be carried out easily with the TRITOP CMM system. It does not require any complex, heavy and maintenance-intensive hardware. The measuring machine comes to the object.
As with tactile coordinate measuring machines, TRITOP records the coordinates and their orientation in space for any feature of interest.
- Surface points and sections
- Holes, punch holes and edges
- Diameters, lengths, angles
After the 3D coordinates have been determined, the measurement is mathematically transformed into the coordinate system of the component.
- Gage alignment
When comparing the measuring data with CAD data (IGES, VDA, STEP, Catia, ProE, UG), the corresponding measuring reports are created in the familiar formats.
- False-color representation
- Deviation of individual points as labels
- Sections, angles and distances
- Diameters and flatness
- Tables and lists
The measured and aligned data is used for various tasks.
- CAD comparison
- Verification of shape and position tolerances
- Verification of specifications from drawings, files or tables
- Initial measurements
Static Deformation Analysis
TRITOP is a mobile optical measuring system, which accurately defines the 3D coordinates of object points at quasi-static conditions. Based on this information, TRITOP is capable of calculating 3D displacements and deformations of objects and components.
The non-contact TRITOP system replaces conventional displacement measuring systems or LVDTs capturing displacements and deformations rapidly without cables or sensors on or around the object, and does therefore not interfere with the measuring object.
TRITOP provides for any number of measuring points information about:
- 3D coordinates
- 3D displacements
- Bending, torsion, deflection
- Rotation angles
- 6 degrees of freedom (6DoF)
- Relative displacement (point – point, point – line, point – plane)
These results can be presented in diagrams, directly on CAD data or superimposed onto the recorded camera images providing an intuitive result presentation that is easy to understand.
Fields of application
- Climate chambers
- Environmental simulation
- Stiffness testing
- Gap size change
- Verification and optimization of simulations
- Component deformation and testing
- Relative motion
- Global strain
- Load tests and aging tests (force & temperature)
Advantages of the TRITOP technique
- Complete 3D measuring machine with minimum hardware requirements (2 cases with a total weight of 23 kg)
- The object is not touched during measuring
- Very high accuracy also for large objects
- No wear and tear, no decrease of accuracy
- Easy handling
- Independent of environmental conditions