DED Machine with DMT & 5-Axis AM CAM
- Highly functional component production, re-modeling, repairing and special coatings
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Available using commercial metal powders
- Enables to manufacture of complex shapes structure
Ytterbium Fiber Laser
1,000 (*Max. 2,000)
X, Y, Z Stroke
800 x 1,000 x 650
A, C Stroke
-100 ~ +5/360
Powder feeding Rate (for Ti-6AI-4V)
Powder Hopper Volume
*Number of Powder Feeder and hopper
DMT® Closed-Loop Control
Electrical Power type
3P + N + PE (at 50-60 Hertz)
Main machine voltage
Full load current
Machine Dimensions (without accessories)
2,420 x 3,780 x 3,455
The most precise DED technology
DMT® is Direct Metal Tooling that it is developed by InssTek’s own technical skills and it is classified as directed energy deposition technology by ASTM standard. The technology enables to produce complex-shaped metal products by using high power laser beam from 3D CAD data in a short time. it is applied to various industries such as electronics, automotive, medical, process, aerospace and defense.
Applicable Materials for DMT® Technology
CP Ti Gd2, Ti6Al4V
P20, P21 H13
304, 316, 420
600, 625, 690, 713, 718
Cu-Sn, Al Bronze
CoCr, Stellite 21, 25
CVM Powder System (Next step of powder feeding system)
CVM (Clogged vibration method) Powder feeder is an advanced type of powder feeding system. It has remarkably stable powder feed rate, a semi-permanent lifespan, and a broad feeding rate range. It can feed titanium powder from 0.1g/min to 10g.min with no hardware change. Also, the gravity powder supply method and direct powder supply method with gas is applicable in the DED process.
- CVM (Clogged Vibration method) type powder feeder
- Feeds multi materials at the same time
- Gradually adjustable powder feed rate
- No effected by metal powder ductility or shape
- Feed rate range 0.1-10g/min (based on Ti6AI4V)
- Gravity / direct feeding available
- Impressively stable powder feed rate
Cartridge type optic system
Line Section View
Simultaneous 5-Axis AM-CAM
Perfect solution for Simultaneous 5-Axis AM-CAM
Simultaneous 5-Axis AM-CAM is one of the most important part of DED Additive manufacturing. It makes us overcome the limitation of DED technology. It enables the application of complex shapes that could not be manufactured by DED technology. Combine of INSSTEK’s years of Know- how and new software technology make this possible. Let’s try to break the limitation of DED with InssTek.
Active Splitter (Co-axial type powder splitter with powder)
- Co-axial type Powder Splitter
- Small amount of powder can be divided evenly
- Easy to use (No need of Calibration of mechanical adjustments)
1) Automobile Engine (Cladding on Valve seat for fuel-efficiency)
InssTek’s AM technology increased fuel efficiency up to 2% of an automobile engine by cladding the valve seat of the intake port side of the engine
2) Automotive Mold (Reconfiguration of Plastic Injection Mold)
Reduction of lead time and redesign cost by reconfiguration of plastic injection molds using DED technology.
3) Automotive Mold (Corossion-resistant material)
30% lift cycle enhancement by printing corrosion-resistant material on normal material substrate.
4) Headlamp mold remodeling (Manufacturing lead time and cost are significantly reduced)
It was originally required to manufacture new mold for headlamp remodeling by DMT® Metal 3D technology Customer could have operational effectiveness:
- Lead-time simplification
- Material cost reduction
1) Jet Engine Air Seal (Repairing for Korean Air Force)
Restoration of damaged turbine engine part was required. Originally, restoration took a minimum of 3 months. InssTek reduced the cost and time dramatically.
2) Compressor Blade (Repairing for aircraft engine manufacture)
It was required to restore damaged part of turbine blade with titanium material.
Before InssTek was involved in this project, the client contacted other competitors, but failed
3) Rocket Nozzle (Miniature for pretesting)
Research for making new type rocket nozzle using multi material.
Manufactured with super heat resisting alloy material using simultaneous 5-axis motion
4) Rocket Fuel Tank (R&D for pretesting)
Research for making general type fuel tank using in rocket.
Manufactured with titanium alloy using simultaneous 5-axis motion
1) MIIT Disc (Manufactured using three different metal alloys)
- Fully closed hollow structure
- Printed without support, by DMT® 5-Axis Motion
* Multi Materials
-Complete part printed with multiple metal alloys in a single process (Printing duration: 75 hours)
2) 5 Axis Sample (Simultaneous 5-Axis CAM made)
Research done for gas pipe with Simultaneous 5-Axis motion.
The cross section figure starts from a circle and gradually forms to a rectangle.
4. Heavy Industry
1) Multi Material Valve (Bi-material technology for anti-corrosion)
Research was conducted to make a new type over-lay valve using multi material. An Inconel valve was manufactured using Simultaneous 5-Axis motion